Know one likes to be cheated on and yet so many of us have been there before. The average adult woman has been cheated on at least once by a current or former partner. That’s a pretty astounding statistic when you really think about it. Many women blame themselves when they are cheated on. They may feel that there is something they did to turn him away or something that did not do right. The truth of the matter is that your partner cheating has little to do with you and more to do with him. You cannot blame yourself for his poor judgment.
If you are a victim of infidelity or are currently in a relationship where this is a problem, you can use this advice to help decide the best option for you. If you are a victim of infidelity, one of the first questions you may have is why. It’s difficult to understand why someone who is supposed to care for you would cheat on you.
It’s important to understand that men and women generally cheat for different reasons. Women usually cheat because they feel their relationship is emotionally lacking in some way. Men tend to cheat purely for physical or sexual reasons. Here are some common reasons why men cheat:
• The opportunity arises for easy sex
• They are unable to say no or resist temptation
• They are bored or desire a new sexual experience
• They feel they are entitled to it as a man
• They feel pressured by peers
• They enjoy the chase
• They want more sex or have a sexual addiction
Here are some common reasons why women cheat:
• Their relationship is emotionally lacking
• They are lonely or bored
• They want to feel loved and desired
• They are unhappy in their marriage or relationship
• They want to feel special or have male attention
• They miss romance that comes in the beginning of a relationship
Now that you understand the differences that occur between men and women, it can help you understand infidelity if it is a part of your life in some way. Some couples learn to recover from cheating and move on to have happy lives. Other couples are unable to reconcile after cheating and separate. Whichever you are, know that you must deal with your feelings of pain, hurt and betrayal before you will ever be truly happy or be able to give love to another.