Are you in a relationship with a married man or thinking of starting one? Before you take that step and become involved with a married man, there are many things you need to know. Dating a married man can seem thrilling or exciting at first but it most always ends in heartache and regret.
Here are the top 10 reasons not to date a married man:
1. If he is cheating on his wife, what guarantee do you have that he will not cheat on you as well?
2. You are helping to break up a marriage, whether you want to admit it or not. Think about how you would feel if it were the other way around? The guilt of such a relationship can eventually catch up to you.
3. If he has children you are contributing to the breakdown of a family.
4. His cheating proves that he may have commitment or loyalty issues. He may also have trouble dealing with problems or conflicts.
5. He will most likely never leave his wife no matter how many times he assures you that he will. If you want to be more than just a side fling, you will be disappointed.
6. Hiding and sneaking around can become very exhausting. You have to keep a low profile at all times so he will not get caught. This can interfere with your ability to go out and have fun with freedom.
7. You have to share your love interest with someone else. It can be very lonely and hurtful not having him there when you need him or when you really desire his company.
8. If his wife truly loves him and is a jealous woman she may be looking for you. Do you really want to be looking over your shoulder all the time?
9. If he does not respect his wife enough to be honest with her then he has little or no respect for women in general. This means you, too.
10. You will be labeled as the “other women” and could lose respect from friends and even family in some cases when they find out about your affair.
When you choose to date a married man, you are denying yourself the opportunity to get the most from your life. You are limiting your options and missing out on so much. You are selling yourself short by giving your time and affection to someone who does not care enough about you or respect you enough to give himself completely to you. You are setting yourself up for heartache and pain that you could avoid.